Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting Started









At the request of many family members and friends, I have finally decided to sit down and start a blog. You're welcome everybody. Right now is not the best day to start this posting, since nothing significant happened today... but I could add a few recent pics to this post to kind of update you as to what is going in our lives right now.
We're expecting a little girl named Lily Beth Harward, due November 5th, 2007. Our anticipation for this new edition outweighs everything else in our lives right now. We're really ready for her any second she's ready to make her debut. We've had the baby showers, finished the nursery, and gone to the birthing classes. We're mentally and physically ready!
Currently, I'm taking a break from school to help make money while my wife prepares herself for an undefined leave of abscence from her job as Office Manager at the neurology clinic. I'm working as an Assembly Technician for all the nation's major department chains, building bicycles, furniture, gas grills, game tables, fitness equipment, lawnmowers, and anything else that can be built and sold. I like it! It pays the bills and gives me a sense of fulfillment. I work at my own pace and get paid piece-rate, so I'm always working at a feverish pace.
Amy is trying to manage gestational diabetes, a task that requires a lot of eating, therefore food preparation and scheduling of meals. She has to stick herself with a poker and put some blood in a glucometer to see what her blood sugar levels are about 8 times a day. Her belly is getting bigger and cuter, plus she's always having some sort of pain or ache. Her life seems miserable to me, but she doesn't really let it get her down too often. She's the love of my life, so I hate to see her feeling crummy.
When we have a spare second not devoted to work, the baby stuff, or making meals... we find ourselves curled up on the couch watching movies, or playing the occasional video game. I love computer and console gaming. I mostly play first-person shooters and adventure games.
We love making improvements on our new place and constantly recreate ourselves by cleaning or painting, or something. WE LOVE having a place of our own. After living with my parents for four years of marriage it has been everything we've wanted and more! No offense Mom and Dad, living with you was great.
We're just normal people trying to have a go at life, make the most out of what we've got, and have fun while we're doing it. That's all I think anyone can do...

My youngest brother is returning from his 2-year missionary service in New Jersey this upcoming Friday and we're stoked to see him. He's visiting our other brother Cody, his wife Meredith, and their newborn baby Emerson Lily Harward before coming home to Utah. Mom and Dad went to pick him up Wednesday of last week. It'll be good to have him back and to get to know him better.
We love our new ward and the people in it. We're finally getting callings and seeing our home and visiting teachers. We've been to a few activities and have been welcomed. We both had friends here when we moved in, and have many a few others as we've been living here these past 3 months.
Hopefully that helps you catch up on us for now. Look for more info in our subsequent postings and don't be afraid to get in touch with us if you have requests or just want to chat.

2 comments:

leslie jo said...

Tobby
Looking good both of you! Glad to see you are doing well. Take care of Amy.. even when she screams or cries in her preggo moments..
leslie

Jamyka said...

Hey Guys! Good job, Mom and Dad! She is beautiful! Congratulatios again! Love you all, give her lots of kisses from her Auntie Jamyka!