Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Teething" Holy Moly

Well, Lily's been teething since she was about 4 months old. Those little "dents" keep coming up close to the surface of her mouth, then going away only to cause a litle pain and discomfort another day. Someone told us that the longer the teeth stay under the gums the stronger and healthier they'll be. Well they were right!
Our little girl got two of her bottom teeth about the first week of this Month, within a week of each other. She was chomping on everything. Today, her first birthday, she got one of her top teeth too. She found a few new loves: crackers, cardboard, and oh yes, her wooden bed.



Those little white marks are chunks of wood and stain chewed off in an attempt to break free from naptime. We were shocked and amazed at the damage a few minor teeth can do in one hour period if left unattended...
Too bad we didn't think to baby-proof this rail, although it can easily be fixed with some sandpaper and a little stain. I don't even think they make plastic covers for these pricy beds these days. I swear I remember my crib having some kind of covering. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20, right.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Amy,

Emmy did the same thing about 4 or 5 months ago so I bought this online at Babies R Us. It molds to any surface and has really worked well:

Clear Gummi Crib Rail CoverBy: KidKusion

Our Price: $12.99