Monday, July 7, 2008

The U. S. of A.

One tradition that I love to keep is going to the 4th of July parade in Provo. I was extra excited this year because it was Lily's first time going. We went with Tobby's parents and Casey. Lily didn't seem to mind the noise and loved being with her grandparents. She was especially pariotic in her little outfit.






A couple of my favorite things to see at the parade are the police officers on their motorcycles as they weave and dodge each other. I also love to see the talent that high school bands bring to the parade each year.



I am so grateful to live in a free country. Even though there are things that are flawed with our government or politics, I am able to have religious and personal freedoms that I can't imagine having anywhere else. It really is beautiful to think about the opportunities that I have been able to have and the accomplishments I have gained because I live in America.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. We can not wait to get Emerson and Lily together again. We miss you guys!