
As some of you might have already heard, we had quite an adventure the other night after the battery to our garage door opener went missing. I was driving home with Lily from a visit to her grandparents house and since I couldn't drive and grab the toy she had dropped I decided to give her the opener thinking she could never open the back. Well . . . she did. She started bawling in the backseat and I looked back to find she had dropped the opener and that the cover was off and the battery missing. When I got home I frantically started searching the car, but to no avail. I enlisted Tobby in the search, but he couldn't find it either. This led us to one conclusion . . .Lily had swallowed the battery. I called her doctor's office and they told us to go to the ER and get an x-ray. If she had swallowed it, then they would have to do a scope to remove it. So we rushed down to the ER and after a 2 hour wait, we finally got the word back that there was no battery to be found inside Lily. I was so relieved. I felt like such a bad mom! I'm so grateful that my little muncher did not munch the battery, which is yet to be found. Lily was a trooper through the whole thing. I would have gotten fun pictures at the hospital, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. I have definitely learned not to let her play with anything that has batteries in it! I should have known since she is quite skilled with her little fingers.
3 comments:
I'm glad everything turned out ok! Stuff like that is scary, but believe me it happens to all moms. We do the best we can. It makes me wonder, though, what people did in pioneer times:) Rachel
Hey Amy.
I just found your blog. That is a scary situation. I'm glad everything was okay.
I lost your blog and I found it again. I am so sorry that happened. Good thing she didn't end up swallowing it. Kids are so crazy. She is so super cute and growing up way fast. We should all go out to dinner sometime soon. call us.
Post a Comment