I guess I should preface this little video before you watch it. I thought I was taking a picture of our little bug, but it was on the video setting instead. So, Tobby and I are both saying, "Take it!" to the camera, not to our sweet girl. I know it's short, but I think her face speaks for itself.
Since Lily's birthday, she has experienced a lot of changes in her eating habits. Her doctor recommended that she be entirely on solid foods, but we had only been feeding her baby food up until that point. She had lost weight since her visit the month before and so I hoped that this would help her get the calories she needed for her active lifestyle. She has quickly picked her favorite foods and found the ones that she hates. Her favorites are pizza, cheese, yogurt, goldfish crackers, cheerios, and pudding (as shown in the above video). She HATES fruits, so I have had to hide them in her yogurt and oatmeal and wherever else I can. She has quite an active gag reflex! Whenever she gets a chunk of something in her mouth she doesn't like, she gags until it falls out of her mouth or she can grab it out. The first week, she threw-up about twice a day because of this, but luckily she doesn't make herself throw-up anymore.
Her doctor also suggested that I stop breastfeeding her now and start her on whole milk. She has had a really hard time with this. She will not try the milk no matter what I have tried. Tonight, she finally tried some when I put a lot of chocolate sauce into it and I still had to coax her a lot. I would have never thought that this process would be so difficult, but it is getting a lot better. The proof is in the pudding!

Since Lily's birthday, she has experienced a lot of changes in her eating habits. Her doctor recommended that she be entirely on solid foods, but we had only been feeding her baby food up until that point. She had lost weight since her visit the month before and so I hoped that this would help her get the calories she needed for her active lifestyle. She has quickly picked her favorite foods and found the ones that she hates. Her favorites are pizza, cheese, yogurt, goldfish crackers, cheerios, and pudding (as shown in the above video). She HATES fruits, so I have had to hide them in her yogurt and oatmeal and wherever else I can. She has quite an active gag reflex! Whenever she gets a chunk of something in her mouth she doesn't like, she gags until it falls out of her mouth or she can grab it out. The first week, she threw-up about twice a day because of this, but luckily she doesn't make herself throw-up anymore.
Her doctor also suggested that I stop breastfeeding her now and start her on whole milk. She has had a really hard time with this. She will not try the milk no matter what I have tried. Tonight, she finally tried some when I put a lot of chocolate sauce into it and I still had to coax her a lot. I would have never thought that this process would be so difficult, but it is getting a lot better. The proof is in the pudding!

4 comments:
I'm glad Lily has discovered the finer things in life...pizza, cheese and pudding! Emerson isn't a fan of milk either. These girls are definitely related, can't wait to get them together soon.
Get used to the eating struggle. Hunter is almost five, and I still have to remind him to eat. Houston of course, is following in his brother's footsteps.
Just so you know Amy, I've seen a lot of doctors freak out with babies at this stage because they either stop growing or loss weight...give it some time...most of them are just learning to move around more, so are losing weight, plus there is a diet change. Just my observations. Eventually these babies catch up and are fine:)
she might not like the cup that you use. have you tried the nuby cups they have a soft spout and the can chew on it to get the milk out. it is also spill proof.
Post a Comment