Thursday, August 13, 2009

Expecting

We weren't really going to publicize this for a while, but Tobby keeps telling me that if I didn't post something, then he would. So, for those of you that haven't heard yet, we are expecting another baby! The due date is April 6th. We are ecstatic. I was kind of skeptical before I took a test because I didn't feel pregnant like I did with Lily. So, I had this plan on how to tell Tobby, but he guessed what was going on the second he saw me and spoiled the surprise, so we used my plan on his parents. Lily and I had been in California for over a week, so they were coming over to visit with us. My mom helped me make an iron-on letter message on one of Lily's shirts that said "Big Sister". I thought it would be interesting to see how long it took Scott and Sherry to figure it out without pointing out the shirt. They walked in the door, starting talking and hugging Lily and when they finally put her down, Scott said, "Wait a minute. Look at her shirt." By this point I was trying not to burst out in laughter. A second later it clicked and they were congratulating us. Even though I have felt a little scared about becoming a mommy of two, I was so excited to welcome a new little baby to our family. Lily's also excited and loves to point to my belly and say, "Baby!" and kiss my tummy. She's going to be a great big sister!

Tyring to get Lily to show off her BIG SISTER status

3 comments:

leslie jo said...

OH how great! Congrats to you and yours! Hope all is well and you are not too sick.

Jennifer said...

Congrats! Two is busy but only better!

My Life as a Dog said...

Congrats!