Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independence Parade

We have a tradition every year to go to the parade in Provo for the 4th of July. Last year, Lily actually fell asleep during the parade, which is next to impossible, but taking into account her developing activity level and her attention span, I was a little nervous that I would be chasing my daughter all over the place. To my pleasant surprise, she was pretty content to sit in someone's lap or on their shoulders. She seemed to have a great time! I always love the opportunity we get every year to celebrate the birth of our wonderful country and the freedoms that we have. Even though things aren't perfect here, as I'm sure they are not anywhere, we have so many protected rights and chances to do many things that others can't. My favorite part of the parade has always been standing up and cheering for war veterans. I am so thankful of all of those who are in the military and fight for our country and those freedoms that we have. At this point I feel like standing up and singing, "I'm proud to be an American . . ." but I'll spare you!


Ooing and Aaing



A little too loud!


Showing our true colors

A little diversion

No comments: