Thursday, October 8, 2009

Best. Anniversary. Ever.


This year for our anniversary, Tobby really went above and beyond and surprised me with a little getaway. The night before our actual anniversary, he told me that we were going somewhere but that it was a surprise. I thought maybe we were going to a play because we had talked about several that we wanted to go see in the near future, but then we started heading up to Salt Lake. I thought again, "Maybe we're going to Kingsbury Hall," where they put on some plays and dance performances. But then he drove us to an old Victorian style home on the corner of South Temple and 700 East, so I was really confused. As we walked in, I realized that we were at the Anniversary Inn and I was so excited! For those of you that don't know what the Anniversary Inn is, it is a bed and breakfast whose rooms have different themes like the Enchanted Forest Room, Sultan's Palace, Mountain Retreat, etc. The room that we stayed in was called the Mysteries of Egypt and it was obviously decorated with Egyptian statues, hieroglyphs, and even had a waterfall that fills up the jetted tub and a shower that comes from a cobra's mouth. It was awesome!! We haven't ever gone somewhere by ourselves overnight since Lily was born and it was a much needed getaway. I recommend it to anyone. Also, the ambiance of this place helps you to escape reality for a while.


The little alcove where we had the best breakfast croissants and cinnamon rolls ever!! Oh, and cocoa!



The next night Tobby and I went to Iggy's with Lily and Casey, who was visiting from St. George.

Lily enjoyed her spaghetti and meatballs


My little cuties!


We then headed over to the SCERA indoor theatre for a production of "Into the Woods" which was pretty good.

Tobby, thank you so much for the best anniversary ever!! I am so happy that was have been married for the past six years and that I have such a thoughtful, loving best friend and husband!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Way to go Tobby, take care of your woman! I'm so glad you guys got a night out.