Thursday, October 8, 2009

Naptime Shmaptime

The other day, Tobby and I happened to both be home during Lily's nap time and after putting her down, we decided we were tired enough to also take a group nap. A few minutes after we settled down in our bed, we heard Lily making a little commotion in her bed and then all of a sudden we heard a harmonica playing. We thought maybe someone else in the house was playing close to her room, but soon discovered it was actually Lily, who had grabbed the instrument through the slats in her crib from her toy bin. Eventually she went to sleep, but when her nap was over and we went to get her, we found this in her bed:



She had actually pulled all her toys into her crib, including the bin! I was secretly a little proud of her ingenuity, so I had to take a couple pictures.
Besides pulling things into her bed, she has been trying to get herself out of bed lately. The other day, she was "playing" in her crib and starting making a distressed call to me. I naturally stopped what I was doing and raced to her room, but right before I got there I heard a thump and crying. I immediately knew that she had fallen out of bed. She was fine except for a scratch down her arm and a bumped head, but she was pretty shaken up. After a talk about not getting out of bed without someone getting her out, we had her try to duplicate her actions and she couldn't. So, I'm hoping it was a fluke and we can keep the big-girl bed at bay for a little while longer. I'm not sure I could ever teach her to stay in a bed without any bars at this point. We'll see what happens and hope she doesn't want any more bumps and ouchies from her daring independence.

No comments: