Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

As the last hour of 2010 wanes, Amy and I were talking about some of the things we would like to work on. Losing weight (baby and holiday), updating the blog, and doing several other things we've been meaning to get to. We looked and beheld that our last posting was in August. August?!
So much has happened since then. How are we going to justify skipping that much time? I certainly can't remember all the milestones our girls have reached, or the memories we would have had if only we would have digitalized a record on the internet... I mean an entire semester (that still isn't over for me - cause I didn't finish two key assignments in Ed Psych) has come and gone in that time. Wow!
I must qualify the fact that I have been living on this computer since the semester started... although that's not unlike any other term prior to this one, except that I took way too many education credits, which are way more intensive than any others I've taken. I had what seemed like 10 projects per class, per week, for 15 weeks in a row. This, compounded by a weeklong visit from our Bostonian crew (which we love and miss and wouldn't trade spending time with for anything in the world), which gave me a valid reason to put off homework in order to hang with, another entire week spent sick in bed instead of attending class and doing regular, not to mention catch up, homework, and then the usual procrastination problem I exhibit around crunch time, it has been crazy!
Enough about me (for a while)... In about an hour, Zoey will officially be 9 months old. She has two front teeth on the bottom, and two more teeth coming in on the top, although to the outsides of the lower two. She is just an older version of the same little cutie. She can sit up (almost entirely on her own), stand up (with some help in the balance department), and loves eating any solid food you put in front of her. She has the most adoreable smile, laugh, and wiggly jiggly dance moves you've (never) seen. She doesn't like spending time on her tummy. She would rather skip the crawling phase and jump right on up to running, so she doesn't miss out on keeping up with her big sister. We've tossed nearly all the rules that we maintained with our first one out the window, since we now understand how "unfragile" babies really are. She's definitely taking her time with certain things though. We're not pushing for her to advance, just not inhibiting her progress per say.
Lily is 3+ now and has changed a lot (we think) since our last post. She says some of the most hilarious things I have ever heard, because she picks up so much of the dialogue she hears - verbatim. "Daddy you're the best in the whole world." is one of my personal favorites. When she's ticked, recently she'll mutter, "No talk about anything!" She is so sweet to her little sister AND is definitely still a pill. She has almost mastered potty training (for the millionth time) - wearing underwear to bed tonight for the first time. We ended up switching her doorknob around, so that the lock is on the outside, since she was successfully prolonging her bedtimes by as much as 2 whole hours. Amy almost bought her another crib. It was that unnerving to her! She has such an amazing imagination. While she pretends to be different princesses, a cook, a dragon or monster, and many of the typical things girls at this age do; she also loves imagining she's Joseph Smith, or other prophets from antiquity.
Amy has been going crazy with the Scentsy thing. She did her first UVU boutique this month, investing some money into stock and upgrading her presentation displays. She hasn't strayed too far off the safety leash we initially set up. It's been fairly profitable for her, not stellar, but a great investment for her! I'm just glad she's enjoying it, and the fact that she doesn't have to try to force our friends and relatives to do anything awkward or unethical, like with some businesses. She still has time to do an amazing job at all of her motherly and homemaking responsibilities, for which I am unable to adequately express thankfulness for! How she does what she does and still finds time to make me lunch or take a shower is awesome!
I am still a lump on a log. I'm unemployed, needlessly stretching this semester out for forever, coasting along with my church calling and fatherly responsibilities (or at least that's how I feel about my roles). Obviously others think I'm doing at least an okay job at managing things. I'm preparing for yet another grueling semester of school. One more insane block of classes and then student teaching in the fall and I'm done with my degree... I really hope all this schooling helps me have some clout to back up all the enthusiasm and "talent" that I've been developing over my lifespan. I'm set up to officiate in another tournament in St. George before the regular season picks up again. I've been loving this hobby job. It's been rewarding in ways I'm only beginning to see... Although I don't know why, I honestly enjoy being one of those people that everyone loves to hate, but can't get along without.
Well, that is enough writing for now. I'm trying hard to stay focused on this task at hand. There's just too much stuff to try to relate and not enough time to spill my guts before going to bed... Since the girls never sleep in past 7, and Zoey still gets up to eat several times during the night, we try to get as much sleep in when we can; so this is tonight's blog. I will sincerely try to make this a more regular habit. At least once a month. Amy said she'd try to keep the same goal, so maybe between the two of us, you may get an update every two weeks, if not more often. It's a New Year's resolution though... It might only last for a couple weeks or days for all we know... Happy 2011 to all! (Pics and more to follow shortly)...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good resolutions and the update was great to read! Now I need to go work on the many resolutions I should make!