Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Family

On Father's Day, we got an expected call from my oldest brother, Jared, who lives in Arizona . . . but what we weren't expecting was his news. He and his girlfriend, Sara, were getting married and it would probably be within a week. I was so excited to hear this news!! Not only was I going to gain a sister, but Sara also has two beautiful daughters that were going to be my nieces. Yeah! So, a few days later me and Lily hopped in the car with my parents and brothers, (Tobby was in Wyoming for work :( )and drove down to Arizona to help with the wedding. We only had two days to help out, but thanks to aunts, uncles,cousins and friends, Jared and Sara's ceremony and reception turned out beautifully. You would never know they didn't have at least 3 months of preparation.

My nieces

This is Dezi (stands for Dezra) and she will be turning 10 in August.

This is 6 year old Ashley.


The set-up

Sara chose light and deep purple as her colors



Good thing Jared works at an event rental company and was able to get all the chairs, tables, table clothes, silverware, etc. because it turned out looking great! By the way, the food was not catered, it was all done by helpful family members and it was delicious.


The Ceremony

Waiting for his bride

Sara's dad passed away when she was younger, so my dad had the opportunity to walk her down the isle. I know it meant a lot to both of them.

Dezi and Ashley were flower girls and my cousin's son, Jace, was the ring bearer.

Lily and me at the ceremony

Exchanging vows

My Uncle Paul is a Stake President and got special permission to marry Jared and Sara. It was so nice that he performed the ceremony.


The new family

The Thomas boys with the bride (Sean, Trevor, Sara, Jared, Justin)

I am so thankful that Jared has found a soul mate in Sara. I don't know her very well, but I am looking forward to a lifetime (and beyond) of getting to know her and her girls. Welcome to the family Sara, Dezi and Ashley! Love you already!

1 comment:

Becky said...

The wedding turned out really nice. It was good to see you and your family!