Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Second B-day Party!

Lily's birthday was really fun and low key. We got together at Scott and Sherry's house for cake and presents.

I decided to be ambitious this year and make Lily's cake instead of buying one. For those of you that know me, I am not a huge baker, but I really wanted to do something extra special for her. I made a two-layer rainbow chip cake, filled it with vanilla frosting, covered it with vanilla frosting, and decorated it with crazy core skittles (they are the best kind, by the way). Even though it didn't look perfect, it tasted really good.


Lily opening her presents





After opening presents, we sang to Lily and did the whole birthday cake and ice cream thing. Lily ate the skittles off the cake and left the rest to me, (thanks honey (: ). We had a blast, but I still can't believe it was two years ago that Lily came into the world! People tell you that it goes by fast and it really does. If it keeps going at this pace, she'll be graduating high school before I know it. Love you Lil! I'm glad you had such a happy day!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is such a cute cake, and I like the cute table set too, where is it from?

Tobby & Amy said...

I think they got it from Target.