Friday, September 19, 2008

Army Girl

A few weeks ago Lily finally started crawling. At first she started out with the "army" crawl and a couple weeks ago graduated to crawling on her knees. I know that every baby is different, but it has been hard for me to not worry about her physical development. I have just resigned myself to the fact that I need to stop comparing her to other babies and just accept that she will learn and perform new skills when she is good and ready. Did I mention that this is hard for me?




Lily has also learned to stand while hanging on to furniture. She can pull herself up to a kneeling position and can almost pull herself to a standing position. Needless to say, Tobby and I have had to finally lower her mattress in her crib. Every time I go into her room to get her out of bed, she is either kneeling by the slats, playing peek-a-boo, or she is sitting in bed just waiting for me to get her. I am such a proud little mama when she starts to do knew things!



1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yay, we were dying for new pictures and updates! Lily is doing so well. I can totally sympathize with you Amy. I remember worrying about Emerson not crawling/walking/developing as she 'should' but you'll get yourself crazy. Lily is healthy and perfect, she's doing great! Just enjoy each little fun stage. We love you guys so much and seriously miss you more and more each day! I love that we're at similar stages and life but hate that we can't share more of it together. Love you three!