Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Reflections

We had a fun and relaxing Easter this last Sunday. My dad gave a talk about the Atonement in sacrament meeting, so we went to hear him talk. We joined my family for lunch and then went to Grandma and Grandpa Farnworth's house to have lupper. Then Tobby's parents and Casey came over to the house to hang out with us. We got a cute little Easter basket for Lily and when I took her photos, she kept trying to wrap her legs around it and eat it. She was very cute in her new little Easter outfit. Lily also cut her first tooth on Sunday. I love her gummy smile, so I'll have to soon get use to a mouth full of teeth.





It is starting to get very warm outside and I am so excited to be able to get outside and be more active. I have been taking Lily on walks almost every single day and she loves to be outside. Soon, I hope Tobby and I can get the bikes off of their hooks in the garage and go for a ride. Now that Lily is here we will have to get one of those little carts that attaches to the back of the bike to bring her along.


Lily on one of her many walks

It has also been nice to reflect on more spiritual things this last week. During my dad's talk, he said that during all the things he has gone through with his illness, that he never once asked to be healed unless he knew that's what was suppose to happen. He only asked that the Lord's will be done. As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, this reminds me of the suffering that Christ went through during the Atonement in Gethsemane. He suffered not only for our sins, but all our physical and emotional anguish as well. He asked that His father's will be done. When he was crucified, our sins and sorrows died with him and he was resurrected on the third day. I know I sound like I'm giving a talk our something, but especially now that I have a baby life seems so precious to me. I'm thankful that because Christ was resurrected that I can be with Tobby, Lily, and any future children we have, forever. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Girls Rule! said...

I love that easter basket it is so cute and so is Lily!

Meredith said...

I am jealous of that Easter Elephant basket.
You're right, life is so precious and even more so once you bring it into the world!

Lindz said...

Love the easter outfit. That basket was huge. I loved it. Where did you get it from? Sounds like your dads talk was great. Family is the best.