Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Favorite Things



I know that I haven't updated this in a long time and I apologize to those of you who check it regularly to keep current with our lives. I am glad I have a rare opportunity now, while Lily is talking to her mobile in her crib.

We have been doing much of the same thing here: school, church, visiting family, working, playing with the baby. Lily gets older and smarter each day and I love being able to spend so much time with her every day. She is so fun to be with. Since a lot of things have happened in the last couple months I thought I would compose this post into a collage of Lily's favorite moments and things that she loved about her 3rd and 4th month alive.

Lily loves to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa Thomas's house. Tobby has been traveling more often for work, so when he is gone for more than one night, Lily and I have been having sleepovers at my parents' house.



Lily loves getting her cheeks squished


Lily loves talking to whoever will listen


Lily loves sitting on Grandma's knee and listening to her songs

Lily loves to attend social events and go new places. My grandpa had an early birthday party this year. On the 15th of February, everyone on the Thomas side of the family got together to see Grandpa, perhaps for the last time for some. He was diagnosed with leukemia around the same time my dad was in the hospital. His b-day isn't until June 1st, but he doesn't have much time left, so we celebrated early. My brother Jared came up from Arizona. It is always good to see him.


Lily loved to see her Great Grandpa Thomas and Sylvia at his birthday party


Lily loves to laugh with Mommy (See any resemblance?)


Lily loves the camera


Lily loves her Mommy and Daddy


Lily loves when Uncle Jared comes to visit

It was also her first Valentine's Day. She got some really neat presents from Grandma and Grandpa Harward, including a stuffed pink gorrilla that says, "I'm Ape for You," on it's belly, a book, and a cute festive outfit.


Lily loves to hug and kiss her gorrilla


Lily loves to be held by her uncles (Uncle Sean featured here)


Lily loves her "love bug" outfit from G and G Harward


Lily loves to play the staring game(for those of you that have played with her this comes at no surprise)

We went on our first family road trip last week. We went up to Logan, Utah for Tobby's work. Lily and I mainly hung out in the hotel room since it was so cold. She was so excited to be somewhere new! She kept looking around and laughing and was such a happy girl. She liked to bounce on the bed the most.


Lily loves to drive for long periods of time in the car (at least that's what we kept telling her)


Lily loved bouncing on the bed at the hotel

Lily loves to play. Some of her favorite toys now are her books, teething toys, her rattle, and Tickle Me Elmo.


Lily loves her rattle and can grab and shake it all day


Lily loves to play with her tongue and stick it out while laughing


Lily loves to play the piano with Mommy


Lily loves to hear her Elmo toy sing to her


Lily loves to read

Lily loves to get her immunizations. Okay . . . she didn't really, but they are good for her, so she is grateful. Her doctor said that her soft-spot has grown together faster than normal, so if it continues she might have to have surgery. She has also been having symptoms of reflux and so she was given a medication to help with heartburn. Along with the pain and vomiting caused by the shots, she was having a rough time with the medication, so we had a tough couple days. I always take a picture of her at the doctor to see how much she has grown. I'll put some of these pictures in the slideshow above, so you too can appreciate how far she's come, even though she is still a tiny 14 pounds, 25 inches long.


Lily loves the doctor's office and being healthy!

Most of all, Lily loves her family! She definitely recognizes not only Tobby and I, but extended family members as well.


Lily loves to play with her Daddy and loves seeing him after a long day


Lily loves kisses from Mommy


Lily loves when the Harwards come to visit


Lily loves to visit the Thomas'



Lily loves being herself!


Don't forgot to check out the slideshow above this. It really shows how much she's changed looking at her doing the same activities at different ages. My favorites are the pictures when we first held her and our first family picture. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

leslie jo said...

Hey Amy
both my kids had reflux, JO really bad ryker not so much. If you have any ? don't hesitate to ask? eheh eI know changing yours and her clothes 7 times a day isn't fun is it?
She is a doll! Keep at it, being great parents! Take care!

Meredith said...

Amy, she looks just like you. I love her bows, did you make them?